Friday, March 16, 2012

my big brother


Today I remember my big brother.

Artist at heart, farmer, carpenter, clown, philosopher.
 
He was born on 16 March 1966, and he went home on 21 December 1998.  Just weeks before that day, he visited my mother.  I was getting married, and we were all missing my father who passed away early in 1996.  He told her that he was sure that we should really not be sad anymore, that Dad is with God, and that there is no better place to be.

But I am sure that he would be okay with it if we were sad just a couple of days a year. Because we miss them.  Happy birthday, Martiens.  We will light a campfire on this side.

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry. i hope that your memories of your brother bring you smiles and comfort too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it does, Lori. Many more smiles than tears. That picture says it all, he never grew much older.

    ReplyDelete